Where to get good coffee on Park Island

As more expats, who appreciate (and crave) good coffee move to Park Island, the question as to where to get good coffee on Park Island is becoming more common.

I am a very fussy coffee drinker, and somewhat of a coffee connoisseur, so I struggle to find good coffee anywhere in HK. To put things into perspective, I would rank a Starbucks coffee at around 2/10, Pacific Coffee at 3/10, Café O and McCafe at around 4/10, and Press Room and Classifieds at 7/10.

I tried a coffee at Café Roma on Park Island and would rate it at 4/10 (although for many people the coffee there would be considered entirely fine).

Anyhow, a number of people recommended me a café in the Ma Wan village, called Rosanna Tea Room, so I thought I would check it out.

See below some pictures of the café.

First pic shows a yellow table where you can sit it you want to drink outside.

Coffee on Park Island
Second pic shows some of the homemade cakes and biscuits for sale.

Rosanna Tearoom in Ma Wan village
Pics 3 and 4 show the seating inside the café.

Rosanna Tea Room

A nice cafe on Ma Wan
I forgot to take a pic of the coffee I was served, but more important is how would I rate it? I give it a 7/10. So, unless I buy my own coffee machine (which I might just do), this is where I will be drinking my morning coffee. Rosanna Tea Room also has free wireless internet access and is nicely air-conditioned (comfortable, but not freezing cold).

How to find it? Probably easiest would be to ask a local “where is the good café in the village”? Tell them you are looking for the café next to the Fai Kee Seafood restaurant. Most locals should know where the Fai Kee Seafood restaurant is, as it is supposedly the most famous seafood restaurant on the island and often is visited by Government Officials for lunch or dinner when they are on the island.

Comments

  1. Just found the blog. Have been living on at Park Island for a couple years now and love it. Thanks for the post, I'll go check out the coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Park Island BloggerMay 28, 2011 at 2:00 AM

    Thanks Steve. Do let me know what you think of the coffee. If I am coming from Central to Park Island I often also get a coffee at the cafe at the Discovery Bay terminal (can't recall the name off hand, but its also pretty decent).

    If you have any more lengthy contributions you would like to put on this blog, or only other comments/suggestions these would be most welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh the sweets look tasty, I will have to check this place out, I saw on open rice in the reviews that they also do some meals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pool facilities on Park Island

Green Green Club on Park Island