Cafe Roma restaurant review

I was at Cafe Roma on Park Island last night, and over a meat lovers pizza and a glass of red wine I decided to write this restaurant review.

Cafe Roma is a bar/cafe/reataurant right across from the main beach on Park Island.


Photo of Cafe Roma.


Cafe Roma lunch menu.


Park Island residents and visitors enjoying a drink at Cafe Roma, Ma Wan


Cafe Roma viewed from Park Island Beach.

The staff at Cafe Roma are extremely friendly, with a relaxed and casual yet professional service. I usually go there a few times a week for lunch, and also sometimes for dinner or a beer, or two.

If I have guests visiting from overseas, I always enjoy going to Cafe Roma for a meal and a bottle of wine overlooking the ocean. In many ways, when you are there, it really feels like you are somewhere on a beach holiday, like Phuket. Its hard to imagine you are in HK, as its so relaxed.

The menu at Cafe Roma is pretty casual. Pizza, chicken wings, burgers, pasta, salads, etc. An OK selection of wines, and a range of beers (both bottles and on tap). One of the main managers there also makes good cocktails, and I think he might formerly have worked at a bar on HK island. And I heard the cafe is owned by the same group that owns FINDS restaurant.

There is a free wireless connection at the cafe, which is perfect for me as I can run my business (internet-based) literally from the beach. A few other ex-pat residents on the island do the same thing. There is often a guy there doing currency trading from his laptop over a coffee.

Prices at Cafe Roma seem pretty reasonable - I think the rent they pay must be quite low. Usually no need to book, although in weekends in summer time I think they will always be very busy.

What I hope they will do is also put out some lounges on the beach, so people can sit and chill-out and listen to music. Fresh fruit juices is also something they could add to the menu, and would work will with Park Island's image as a healthy, eco-friendly community.

Cafe Roma is also popular with the air-hostesses who live on Park Island, which is cool, as they are all really lovely and sweet.

OK, and now I am going to shut my PC, and go for a swim!!!

Comments

  1. Hey Park Island Blogger. I really enjoy your posts. Keep up the good work. I have many friends who live on park island. If it was not for my company provided accomodation in Central I would move over with you, but right now its great any how as I come over on weekends.

    You should profile some of the local restaurant on Ma Wan too, not just the ones in the Park Island resort complex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jackie.

    Yes, I do plan to profile some of the local Ma Wan restaurants. There are some really good ones worth mentioning (as well as some "just OK" ones, I suspect).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dropped by Cafe Roma over the weekend, based on your review. U are right, its a very cool place to chill, drink. The food was great and also its very nice to sit and look over the ocean. I will be back more often, although I don't live on PI, so I will come in the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited this cafe over the weekend. It is more orientated towards a European crowd, but it was really nice sitting there to have a drink. It was quite sunny too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very relaxed spot. Thanks for the restaurant suggestion for park island. Lucky those of u who live there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awful restaurant! Pizza is poor quality and very expensive. Beer (draught) is flat and tastes of cleaning product. Pasta Ok, but nothing special (suspect the sauce is out of a jar). Nice beachfront but thats about it.

    Overpriced bigtime. Avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our pizza looked like pizza, but that was it. Pizza flavors should include basil, olives, parmesan, etc. Cafe Roma pizza is bland and bears no resemblence to the pizza you get in Italy or New York or San Fransciso or ... Crust was like leather. I don't think the sauce was out of a jar because jar sauce has a little flavor while this sauce had none. Drinks were overpriced. Avoid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is very little that's good about Cafe Roma since it was taken over from the original owners. Pizza is so thin you have to roll it up to eat. The fillings slide off the top and in all its a tasteless mess and expensive to boot. The only edible item is the burger. Drinks are overpriced, but then again the setting can offset that fact if you go during happy hour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Roma but still wondering why they fired our favourite waiter. He was so nice and good with kids too. Could Cafe Roma management please explain via this forum why this occurred as we the customers I feel deserve some consideration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pool facilities on Park Island

Green Green Club on Park Island