Where to live in Hong Kong?

Where to live in HK? Its a question that is asked by any expat moving to Hong Kong, and indeed also by people already living in HK.

When you are first moving HK, you will find everyone has an "opinion". Some will tell you Mid Levels is best, others will tell you Happy Valley is best, and others love Discovery Bay.

Park Island, is not as well known as these locations, but as I was having my morning swim today, under the warm sun as it was rising, I thought to myself - "I am SO HAPPY I live here!".

As I was swimming, I made a mental list of the top 10 things I like about Park Island:

- Good air quality.
- Peaceful at night.
- No traffic noise.
- Great fitness facilities.
- Nice clean lobbies, lifts, common areas, and high quality apartment buildings.
- Dog friendly (as I like dogs).
- Child friendly (great if you have active boys that need outdoors to run around and play).
- Surrounded by beaches (I am a "beach person". I love morning and evening beach walks.
- Great good (both in terms of the restaurants, and the International Park and Shop in the Park Island Piazza).
- Really nice community feeling.( Easy to make friends in Park Island, and the people there are all really nice!).

Comments

  1. Couldn't agree more. My family LOVES Park Island!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that. After an initial 3 months in the mid levels and flat hunting all over HK before my family arrived to Hong Kong, I also settled on Park Island for our place to reside. As we are from Oz I needed a larger place, with outdoor space. I have always preferred to live near the ocean. We are very very happy living on Park Island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through the search engine. I found something that I don't know even I have been living in Park Island for more than 3 years. But we have the same feelings that I love to live here.

    Thanks GOD that he gave us a baby last month. Since my wife and I need to work for our family and my mother-in-law can look after my new born baby in her house at Yuen Long, we have to move from here to there.

    Now we are looking for a good family to rent/buy my flat. It is grateful if you can ask your friends to consider. It should be commission-free. The details of my flat are as follows:

    981 square feet
    3 bedrooms+2 toilets+1 storeroom with balcony
    Full sea view plus Ting Kau Bridge
    Basic furniture included (Double bed x1, single bed x1, tailor-made wardrobe x2)

    If you or your friends are interested, please send me an e-mail at tszyeung0902@gmail.com for photos or go up to have a look. Many Thanks!

    In Christ,

    Clifford

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two the first 2 posters, gald to hear your positive comments!

    To the 3rd poster, I don't intend to allow too many "adverts" up on this blog, but yours slipped through somehow, so I will leave it up. Hope you found a tenant :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE IN HONG KONG IS PARK ISLAND!

    SERIOUSLY GOOD VALUE COMPARED TO OTHER PLACES IN HK.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pool facilities on Park Island

Green Green Club on Park Island