A hike around Ma Wan Island - Part 2

In part 1 of this series, A hike around Ma Wan Island - Part 1 I posted photos of the path up to the top of the mountain on Ma Wan.

In this part 2 of that series, I will post pics taken from the top down to the other side which faces Hong Kong island.



The Tsing Ma Bridge viewed from the top of Ma Wan
Once at the top, you will walk past the gravestones and tombs of local Ma Wan villagers. And on the other side you will get an amazing view of this island here. Its so inviting, and I would love to swim over to it some time!

Island viewed from Ma Wan



On the other side, you will also see a very private nice beach.


There is also a nice pier on this side of the island. Here is a photo of the pier looking towards Ma Wan. You can see the Tsing Ma bridge in the distance. There is also a small pagoda with seats that you can use to rest in the shade, or have a picnic.

PS - Be sure to bring water with you, especially if you are hiking in the summer months. There are no shops out here, not even drinking fountains, and only salty ocean water all around!

In part 3 of this series I will focus on viewing the Tsing Ma bridge from underneath. It may not sound overly exciting, but you may have a different opinion once you see my photos.





Comments

  1. Is it you or blogspot that keeps changing the format of your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me! I am playing around with different formats. I'm interested to receive feedback - which format do you prefer? I am myself not sure yet! The content remains the same, but blogspot has a range of different templates to present the content so I am deciding which is best to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has different tastes but for me its either the old one or classic. Currently I'm getting the Flipcard which I don't like ! But I'm old...

    Pick the one you prefer, its your blog after all. I asked out of curiosity and not to complain.

    Back to the hike. have you every walked the Tsing Yi Nature trail? It has good views of Park Island and the bridge - very much like the views in the trailer of Contagion (didn't see the film though)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I have not done the Tsing Yi walk. I have heard there are some good hikes there though. Will check it out some time in the future.

      Delete
  4. Just a comment are those grave stones and cemetary open for viewing or sacred areas of the island for local villiagers only?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cemetery is open to all public.
    Chris.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pool facilities on Park Island

Green Green Club on Park Island