A day at the beach on Ma Wan

The main beach in Ma Wan is wonderful this time of year. Park Island residents probably like it best keep a "secret", but anyhow here are a few details for anyone who want to come visit.

Take the number 2 ferry from central over to Ma Wan. Trip is around 20 minutes.

Once off the ferry, walk along the boulevard, and you will find a path the veers off to the left. This will take you down to the beach. If you want to stock up on drinks or snacks you can stop by the Park and Shop or the 7-11 first.

There are also other less known beaches on Ma Wan, but to find those you will need to a bit of exploring.

Below are some photos. Nice huh? And all at the very doorstep of Park Island residents. I personally start each morning with a 20 minute swim in the ocean. A great and healthy way to start the day!

Get off the ferry terminal and walk past the palm trees.

Piazaa at Park Island

Along the beach Boulevard...


Stop and smell the flowers...

Flowers on Park Island

Follow this path down to the right...

Park Island Beach Path
And you will come out to the beach here!

Ma Wan Beach

Beach on Park Island
Park Island Beach
And when the sun sets, after you are done with swimming and have had a shower, you can chill out with a drink and a beach-side meal, and listen to music here:


And end the day with a nice, ice-cold, beer... :)

A cold beer on Park Island

Living on Park Island really does feel like you are on a beach holiday, every single day.

Who would have thought you can live like this in Hong Kong?

Comments

  1. Nice!!!!!!!!!

    I'll be there this weekend with the gals. Any places for topless sunbathing he he *<>*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since moving to Park Island a year and a half ago my wife has had less desire to "get a way" on vacation. I don't think we'll be leaving anytime soon and for the first time the thought has crossed our mind of buying rather than renting...but we'll wait for the market to take a little dip first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chairs... I can't decide I find them slightly cool or god awful and ugly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Park Island BloggerJuly 8, 2011 at 1:40 AM

    Alison - Ha ha. I know what you mean! I had the same feelings, and in the end decided I liked them :) Might be quite fun to take them right down to the end of the beach where it is darker, and enjoy a few drinks there with a bunch of friends...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Park Island BloggerJuly 8, 2011 at 1:50 AM

    Steve - I know what you mean about having less desire to "get away". A friend of mine from HK sms'd me recently, from his holiday hotel room in Bali. Message read: "This is the life! I have just woken up to ocean views and sunshine. Now about to go for a walk along beach, swim, then brunch".

    My response to him: "Sounds like my typical here day on Park Island... :)"

    I really do feel like I am on holiday every day on Park Island. Its actually a strange feeling to get used to!

    In terms of buying, yes its tempting to wait for a dip. But honestly, I would suggest taking the plunge and getting in now. Once done, I think you will feel very happy about the decision. As long as rates stay low, you will be paying off principle with money you would otherwise be spending as rent.

    What you don't want to have happen is to be around in 2012 or whatever, wishing you had bought "back in 2011 when prices were cheap..."

    I really do have a sense that Park Island is still very much "undiscovered" by ex-pats and wealthier buyers and property investors. And also a sense that this is changing as people see how great it is to live here. I would suggest you decide what size apartment you want, and then go around making low-ish offers (perhaps close to bank val) and see if you can find someone willing to sell to you.

    Either way, good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the advice...my wife and I have a bit to discuss now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just visited the park island beach last weekend after seeing your park island blog. What a lovely place and a relatively unknown gem in Hong Kong. I'm not sure I would move over as I work in Quarry Bay on HK island, but it really is an impressive place and I can imagine a lovely living environment.

    Any update on cars being allowed to come onto Mawan? Also when will they extend and widen the beach?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pool facilities on Park Island

Green Green Club on Park Island