Pacific Coffee on Park Island

Pacific Coffee has opened on Park Island! (The photo below is Copyright of "Mark", who posted this on the Park Island Blog earlier today).

Pacific Coffee on Park Island
The cafe is located in the Park Island Town Square which you walk though just as you get off the ferry. (Is the official name "Shell Square", or am I imagening that?)

I must say, the cafe looks really nice, with nice big lounge chairs, and I think it is an excellent edition to the growing number of shops on Park Island.

There are some places in HK that I think a Pacific Coffee or a Starbucks should simply not be - Lamma Island is a good example. But for Park Island, and the types of residents we have here I think its fine.

I think Pacific Coffee is definately better than Starbucks, but having said that I also think Pacific Coffee is not quite as good as it used to be when it was first established by the ex-pat guy who later sold it (for 200 million I think it was). I will probably keep going to the Rosanna cafe in the Ma Wan Village for good coffee, but who knows - maybe I will give Pacific Coffee another chance to impress me.

Below is a pic I took. I need a new camera, obviously...

Pacific Coffee on Ma Wan
There is a computer for public use in the cafe, although I wonder who really uses these nowadays. Everyone seems to have either their own iphones or ipads :)

Comments

  1. I think the official name is a slightly more pretentious "Shell Piazza" :)

    Intentional or not, the luminous effect on your shot of the Pacific Coffee makes it look very cozy and inviting. Especially if it was snowing in the piazza :)

    BTW thanks for your pointers on exploring the hill on Ma Wan island. I've now found my way through the "overland" route from the beach on the left side, or the more civilised "graveyard" walk up the right side. The views are the best on the island, and it's also good exercise to scramble down the little paths to the beach and fishing boat jetty. Best of all, there's not a soul to be seen (at least not living ones), unlike Ma Wan Park park where people insist on walking around in the quiet early morning loudly clapping their hands together to burn a couple of extra calories. I prefer the company of ghosts in the graveyard :)

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Park Island BloggerJuly 14, 2011 at 7:03 PM

    Ah ha - that's the name I was looking for. Yes, "Shell Piazza" is what its called :)

    Glad you found your way around the hidden side of the island...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pool facilities on Park Island

Green Green Club on Park Island